Monday, July 28, 2008

The Salt Lake Temple MFT#4



7-28-08
This weeks field trip was Jon's idea, and it went over better then I thought it would with the kids. This week was extra fun for my girls as well because our cousin Lindsy was able to come with her 4 kids since they were visiting from Idaho. We met at the South Visitor Center with our lovely tour guides for the day. One of which was from the Philippines. Tressa was very excited about that since her Grandma and Grandpa Hunt are leaving for their mission to the Philippines in October. I called ahead of time to set up the tour so that the Sisters could gear the tour for our kids. And they did a really good job I thought. We sang songs together, and they asked the kids lots of questions, and at the end bore their testimonies of the Gospel. My girls especially liked going up to see the statue of Christ. I love the Temple at this time of year. The flowers, trees, and fountains just make everything feel so peaceful. I planned on taking my kids on a tour of the Conference Center while we were there but Aspen got sick so we had to cut the day short. I only wish the Sisters had been able to do the pin drop demonstration in the Tabernacle, but I guess that just leaves something for them to see next time.

No comments: