Sunday, September 21, 2008

On the road again....

We finally made it to Denver so that we could visit my big brother Dan and his beautiful wife Dana. They moved there last spring for his job and I have been wanting to take a road trip to see them all summer. But this timing was probably better since last weekend was his 30th birthday.

The trip was both great and awful at the same time. We had a lot of fun visiting with everyone and going on little outing but while we were there all of my kids, Becky, and even I got sick. So it was all very interesting.

We arrived at their house at around 1:30 in the morning, after getting a little lost thanks to my GPS, got hugs and kisses then went to bed. And since we got to bed so late my kids slept in until the late hour of 6:30AM. Seriously what normal child wakes up that early every day. It's okay though because I have learned to live without sleep. Later that day we went to Aurora Reservoir and tried to play in the water, but it was very cold. Tressa dove all the way under the water and ended up freezing for a very long time, which I think had more to do with the fever she developed that night. Once the kids were worm again we played at the park and even took out a paddle boat for a while. The kids thought it was great and I was exhausted. My legs were so sore from a work out with a friend earlier in the week so moving the boat was very hard for me, but at least I got a workout in on vacation.



The rest of the time we ate great food, played guitar hero, talk, played with and held baby Naomi, and of course listened to Dan and Will quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail. It was so nice to see them again. My girls really miss having them around and I do too.

The drive home is when the real adventure started. We were about 1 hour out of Denver going home the long way on I70 when Aspen threw up, and that was just the beginning. We ended up stopping 30 to 60 minutes so she could use the bath room or to clean her up from another gastrointestinal mishap. She went through 7 set of clothes and one time in KFC even managed to mark me as well. All in all it took us just over 13 hours to get home, and of course she woke up at 6:30AM the next day and was feeling great. She was so brave through it all though, she never complained about having to keep driving and rarely cried.
It was a good trip but I really hope it goes better next time we visit Denver.
P.S. If you want a laugh ask my girls were wind comes from. Uncle Will was very instructive on the purpose of the wind mills we passed in Wyoming.

2 comments:

Crystal Liechty said...

Sorry to hear you guy's got so sick! It's been going around, fo sho. Love the pics, though. And the background music. Cannon's always been one of my favorites.

zeebee said...

Yeah!!! Your blog is up! and you have been holding out, it has tons on it! I can't wait to read more, but I loved what I have read so far and I triple loved the video of the rain storm! thanks again for helping with our own little water problem. I am so excited that you are a blogger! yeah!