Sunday, September 21, 2008

One year older, another day gone.

August 31st was my birthday and I turned 27 years old. I am getting dangerously close to 30 but I just can't seem to care about it. My age has never bothered me, except for feeling to young for my place in life sometimes, but I am sure that will change.

I had a wonderful birthday this year. Jon sent out Little Ladies up to the mountain with my Mom on Friday night so that we could go to dinner with some of my high school friends. It was so much fun to get together with some of them again. We ended up staying out way to late since we didn't have to hurry home to our kids.

However when we did get home and Jon went to put new sheets on the bed our water bed sprang a leak! So we ran to Walmart at 2 am to look for a patch kit or anything that could help us for the night. We ended up with a quick fix patch for tires. We went home tried to patch the bed with lots of duct tape then laid towels under the corner with the leak and went to bed on the pull-out down stairs. Needles to say we didn't get much sleep that night and the patch didn't due much good, so we spent the whole next day that we were supposed to be at the cabin with out girls emptying the bed and looking for a new bed and mattress. Not the most fun of days but it was really nice to spent the day with Jon working on something together. It has been years since we did that. We finally finished our work and headed up to the cabin around 6 o'clock to enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend.


The cabin was what it always is, relaxing and fun. We rode ATVs, read, ate, and slept. And again they loved riding the child sized ATV that Grandpa Bob got. So below are all the pictures form our labor day weekend.

Aspen on the 4 wheeler...






No comments: