Monday, November 17, 2008

I have gone back to work, but still get to be Mom!!!



I have go back to work for the first time in 7 years (8 if count the time I was sick with Tressa) at Einstein Bagels as the baker. And I love it. I go to work at 3:00 AM and work until 8:00 AM every morning, So Aspen does have to go to a sitter but only for 45 minutes so its not so bad.




I still get to be home with my kids all day long but now I get to have some time away as well. I have been looking for a job I can do with out giving up my job as mom for a while so this is perfect. Jon of course has been wonderful with the change and now gets the girls up and ready for school every morning. He even spent an evening practicing how to do ponytails and bobbles, then sent the girls in to show me how pretty they were. I know this is a lot harder on him but I really appreciate that he has supported and encouraged me to do what I want so that I can have some time away each day.


The picture is of or me in my uniform which Tressa and Josie think it is cool that I have to wear a uniform now just like they do. My favorite part of the uniform though is the back of the shirt...

I find this just a bit funny since I don't drink caffeine. But I guess that is what you get when you work in a place that serves coffee right.

2 comments:

susan said...

Wow, 3:00 am? No more late nights reading! Congratulations! I'd love a bagel recipe!

Chandelle said...

I know, I know, the one bad thing about starting to work is that it has seriously cut into my reading time. Guess I will have to do books on tape while I work now.

And I don't have any recipes. Everything comes premade so that we can have it baked and ready to go by 5am when we open. There is no way we could mix it all, form it, let it rise and bake it in 2 hours.

But I am learning lots of fun stuff to do with bagels. We even made stuffing with Cranberry bagels for Thanksgiving.