Monday, December 29, 2008

And finally we get to Christmas Eve, which since this was our German Christmas year means that this is when we opened all of the presents and had a big dinner. And since all of the pictures for the actual even are on my other camera I will have to add them latter. But here are some pictures of the girls going to bed in home-made PJ's (courtesy of Grandma Verna) and their brand new IKEA down comforters (which worked out well to give them this year when they got to open them at night).


We spent Christmas day doing nothing but relaxing (reading for me and Jon), playing in the snow, and making cookies. We had no one to go see because no one was around to go see. And although I would never want to spend every holiday this way it was really nice to spend one doing nothing but being together with my girls and wonderful hubby. The one down side of the day was that Jon used the last eggs without telling me so when I went to go make Sausage Casserole, our traditional breakfast, there were none to us. So we had to have waffles instead.=(





The only way Jon knows how to make cookies-by eating all the dough



Josie talking to my brother Jesse and becoming and inventor at the same time
Below is a picture of my flour bucket, if you will note the suspicious white powder around the bottom I will explain. I had just refilled the bucket so that we could have flour for the cookies, so it was still open. Aspen meanwhile was going around playing her recorder that we gave her the night before. She came over to the bin stuck her new recorder into the fine white powder and blew. The rest I think should be self explanatory. She looked so shocked and guilty we could only laugh.


No comments: